Today before Kieron started his school, I had a chat with some of the parents over there. One of the aunties asked me if I married young. I said yes, married at 20, had my 1st kid at 21. Because I thought being a housewife is really a fun thing after seeing my mum being one at home for 20+yrs. Somehow I am wrong after being one myself. It's tough and full of challenges and stress. To look after the being and welfare from the youngest to the oldest (hubby) at home, to look after the state of own house too..
Then came another 2 aunties talking about modern parents spoilt the kids nowadays. One of them is a babysitter, I strongly agree what she says, kids need freedom, and they will learn and grow through falls and injuries (of cos not those serious one). The parent of the child whom she babysit is rather an extreme case. She gets agitated even seeing 1 moquito bite. I wonder who won't get mosquito bite. She even claimed she's worried her child will fall, so she laid mattresses all over her room when she takes her baby home during weekends. C'mon, you are over-protecting the kid.
That's what I don't like about. Some parents or grandparents are tooo sensitive towards baby. They say cannot let baby cry, but cannot keep carry baby too. Isn't it contradicting, how to soothe the baby if he's crying and not carrying him at the same time? Oh I Know! shake the whole bed, hahaha.. jz kidding... Some will think don't scold the kids. Kids need lesson, I let my elder son fall and climb up to his steps by himself, I want him to know that he falls cos he didn't walk properly when I already reminded him to, it hurts when he don't listen. I let my son put his own dirty clothes into the laundry bag himself, if he don't I won't wash, then he knows if he anyhow throw his clothes around, he won't have clean clothes to wear. However, soft methods and reasonings still have to be carry out at appropriate times. I do it when he's cooled down, or I can say when he's obedient, that moment then he's able to absorb the correct teaching. When he turns nasty, I will use the harsh method. I want him to know if he do wrong, there's no good consequence.
In my house, there's no such thing as bias, pamper or spoilt. However, when we are out of the house, I will give him more face. I will let him have some freedom. But, if he gets out of hand, after 3 times verbal warnings he still "deaf", I will just ignore him and walk off, I won't talk to a wall. Then he will behave himself. I can save energy shouting further and he will know that no one will bother him if he's naughty. haha... People will think I'm fierce. It's no fierce, its not to let him out of control, afterall he's still a kid, if you don't correct his wrongs when he's small. It will be even harder for him to understand when he starts to reach the rebellious stage.
No comments:
Post a Comment