Monday, March 31, 2008

Kayden went for followup for his hernia

Went KKH for followup today, but today he's reviewed by a surgeon..

Overall, it was A good review.. The doctor said normally kids with umbilical hernia of protuding intestine less than 2cm will recover by age of 1. & Kayden's case is
about 1cm. So if things go on smoothly, his intestine will go back in place..


Of course, I still have to ensure that things go on right. I have to check on his belly button regularly. To ensure that the intestine is soft by pushing the belly button downwards.. If it turns hard and black, I have to send him to A&E immediately.

He has water retention near his testicles' area too.. But doctor said it's fine, that will recover by itself too.. Unless there's a big bulge beside his penis area, then again, A&E..


If nothing happens, he will just need to be back for another followup 1 month later... keke..

He grew well.. hehe..

Today he weighed 4.4kg and height was about 52cm..

After his checkup, time was still early. So I brought Kieron & Kayden up to my ex office for kpo session.. keke.. This time, Kayden was very alert. He tried to communicate with the aunts who surrounded him. He kicked, making noises, focus so hard on them.. & something unfair was he smiled back to some of them, when he mostly frowned in front of me.. Humpf.. hehe.. Mummy felt abit unbalanced..

Many of them commented he's a cute boy.. Very small.. Very active.. hehe.. I even tried to "throw" to some of them when they said he's cute...

No comments: