Monday, March 31, 2008

Brothers -- Meant so much to me

After reading my brother's blog, felt abit emotional.. All kinds of past memories came back to me..

We really went through alot, as a family, as siblings, as individuals in order to have today.

My 1st younger brother is 3yrs younger than me, while my 2nd brother is 6yrs younger than me. Though there are age gaps between us, but I love them alot. Since small, I always give up things for them, don't want to make them unhappy. But, no matter how things I want it to be good, there are always moments of unhappiness..

During kids' time, we 3 used to play together, we had common interest of computer games. We talked about how to win the game and which game to play. Then we would have our arguements, over 1 computer.. We even came out a timetable stating a time slot for each to play. But we never follow it, so in the end, quarrels lor.. And I'm the most horrible one, the 1st 2 computers we had were placed in my room, and I blasted them at different period of time for playing Command & Conquer and Red Alert continously overnights.. haha..

During teenagers' time, we started to have alot of disagreements... Brothers were unhappy about the changes in me, I went steady and finally got married to a man who used to be a secret society member and rejecting quite a number of guys who were really good to me.. They were angry of me for making my parents sad when I walked a different path in my life. I chose the tough and harsh path. They believed I deserve a better life but as you know, good advice is sometimes being blocked by the ear and brain. hehe.. We would have quarrels more often, there was once my brother, Xiang was angry about me trying to advice him in changing his hot temper attitude, he tried to slap me, but was stopped by my mum.. I was heartbroken, I cried.. That very night, I was thinking, why we became like that when we were very united in the past... From then on, we started to have cold wars that lasted for years. We hardly shared thoughts and opinions be it good or bad...


But, those were the days... After I had my 1st child, after Xiang went NS, after Seng completed his secondary school.. We had more chats... We stopped those ignorant, selfish and harmful arguments. Happy moments came back to us.. Everytime my brothers shared what happened to them and their own thoughts with me, I felt satisfied and consoled. I felt happy that they trusted in me.. I love them so much that I'm willing to give up everything for them just like what I will do for my kids. As the elder sister of the 2 brothers, I have this strong responsibility of taking good care of them. I remembered I'm like a Big sister in school when my brothers came into the same school as me, I would try to act that "if you bully my brother, there's no happy day for u".. So fast, now the 3 of us are already 20s..

I always have this wish.. People who are really close to me and know me well will know how much I hope to have a big family. I missed days staying and playing around with my paternal aunts and uncles when we were small.. We're so united... But, people change every seconds, happy days don't last...

So what I can do now, is only wish that my family won't be broken no matter what will happen in future..

No comments: