.jpg)
During the 4days stay in hospital, my views on KKH changed... The nurses and doctors were professional, friendly and helpful.. Maybe it's my luck, the doctors I met aren't trainees so they are able to give me clear explanations to my questions. & there are some NYP attachment nurses, can see that they are still very new.. There's this little girl trying to remove the needle plug from my wrist. She didn't remove it in the correct way, and my blood gushed out. She got panicked till I told her to keep calm, and it's ok, then she "remembered" what to do to stop the bleeding.. Can see that she really needs more training and experiences in order to provide good service to the patients. Can say that she's lucky to meet me cos I'm not that picky and unreasonable, believe she will get scoldings if she meet someone else. haha..
As I'm not allowed to walk, so I had to sit on wheelchair in order to visit my newborn at Special Care Unit which is 1 storey below my ward. Grateful to have the attachment nurse pushing me around. She's pretty, pleasant, polite and helpful, she's so happy when she sees babies in the nursery. Glad to see that she really loves her work and she's chosen the right path.
I'm rather stubborn by the 2nd night, I tried to walk to visit my son by myself.. Oh! It's so tiring plus my swelling, I had difficulty moving every single step. I wanted to give my son the best, so I started to express breastmilk by 1st night. Colostrum which is found in breastmilk is best to fight germs and reduce chances of allergies. Though son is unable to drink milk yet, but I insisted in expressing every 3hours for them to keep till he can start drinking..
By 3rd day, he's able to start on breastmilk, but only 2ml. They are afraid that premature baby's digestive system may reject it. So they have to start the intake amt slowly... But he still have to put on with drips and steroids to ensure his internal organs develop well.He's so mini when I tried to carry him.. Though it hurts to see him with pipes and needles on him, but I knew these meant good for his condition and health.. There's always a great relief to hear words from doctors' mouths saying he's doing very well even though he's premature and small in size... My mother and hubby went to visit him on the very first day he's born. Mum said he's simply a clone from his elder brother, Kieron. I was shocked when I first saw him with my own eyes too, "SO alike" just a mini version. keke..
As I can't see him that often so I took quite a lot photos and videos before I was discharged...
No comments:
Post a Comment