When I woke up at 5am to feed Kayden, I heard this cat meowing non stop downstairs. As you know, it's 7th mth and the sun hasn't come out yet, so I dared not look downstairs. But, after about 45mins, the cat was so still meowing. So I ignored the thinking and looked downstairs. It seemed like it's the kittens' mummy!
I observed the cat for a while from my bedroom window. She was jumping high up and searching low at the place where I picked the kittens. & I saw her crossing the road over to my void deck. Her nipples were sagging, it meant she's still breastfeeding. Oh yes!! She's THE MUMMY!
So I used the same red bucket, wanting to bring the kittens back to their mummy. Just nice when I on the lights, the kittens came running for me, they were hungry.
When I brought the kittens down, the mummy was on the grass patch. When she looked at me, she simply ignored me. But just when I let the pail lie flat on the grass, she was so happy to see her kittens went running towards her. All 4 of them were meowing. The sight was so heartwarming. There was this Malay grandma with her granddaughter waiting for school bus felt happy for them too. The kittens rushed to their mummy's tummy and drank to their fill.. Mummy's breastmilk is still the best.
After I left, I looked at them from my window again. I saw the grandma very loving too. She used the umbrella to stop the kittens from running away again. She pushed them back to the void deck when they tried to run towards the road.
So I brought the ikea's carton and some new cat food for them, this time I woke Kieron up. Wanting him to see the mummy as well. He had been worrying about the mummy since last night, wondering if she's ok, if she's still alive. He was so happy when he saw the kittens sticking with the mummy too. We both hugged and said, "The mummy is back, the kittens had mummy again."
Though the kittens were only with us for a day, but I believed Kieron learnt alot that he may or may not be able to experience again. He showed great loving concern, responsibility and sensibility. Way to go, my dear Kieron.
See the kittens sleeping together in the tunnel I built for them. 3 kittens in 1 tissue box.Taken last night before I went to sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment