Tuesday, August 5, 2008

An eventful day with -- CATS

Remembering I mentioned about returning the kittens to the mother cat this morning?

We went to check on the kittens before going to and back from Kieron's school. The mummy was with the 3 kittens all the while, as if worrying of losing them again. Till late noon around 5pm+, just when I was waiting for Kieron to wake up from his nap so as to buy some cat food for the cats from nearby supermarket, I saw 2 Malay students from my living room's window. One of the Malay gal was holding the Ikea carton that I left there, she caught the 3 kittens and placed them in. So I assumed she's gonna adopt them. Thanks god.. She got the mother in as well, but who knows mummy jumped out from the box when the gal was about to leave. & there was another gal shouting and urging the Malay gal to leave fast, the gal got a bit panic and took one of the kitten out from the box and left it beside the mummy. She walked away. Leaving the poor mummy cat and kitten sitting by the road, stoned. (oh my god!)Just when the mummy realised her kids were gone, she went crying again. She was afraid that the last kitten may get lost, she immediately took her by her neck and hid in a corner.

Kieron and I saw everything and felt really sad for the mummy, so we went to buy some canned food back. & we decided to bring the mummy and last kitten back home, we worried that someone will leave the mummy alone again. It's so disheartening to see a mother cat crying and walking around aimlessly, going back to her old hideout places looking for her lost babies.

The mother recognised me when I walked towards her. She came rubbing my leg and started meowing, as if telling me what happened to her babies. Normally a mother cat be very defensive towards strangers or anyone who touches her baby. But this mummy cat is very affectionate, she was really quiet when she and her baby were placed in a huge basket that I brought along with me. Both of them quickly settled down when they reached my house. Mummy cat recognised the smell the other 2 lost babies left previous day and started meowing again, she walked to the main door, looked at me pitifully wanting me to open the door. She really walked out and went downstairs again, she went meowing and looking for her babies. Half an hour later, she came back. Meowing to me again, as if telling me she can't find them. I felt pain for her. She came to me, and I gave her massages, assuring her she be alright with her kid at my house, consoling her though her 2 other babies were gone, but she still has to take care of her last baby left for her. Whenever Kieron and I sat down on the kitchen's floor, the 2 cats will come to us for patting. Just so loving..

hmmx.. Jason wasn't really happy about it, cos he's afraid of mess. But, luckily so far, the mummy cat knows how to go out to poo n sh sh then come back home. As for baby cat, she knows how to pee in the designated peeing basin laid with newspaper. As for their future, I still have to make really serious decision with my brother, who is also a animal lover. As for now, I can assure them by giving them a place for shelter with ample food and love.

People may think I'm being a busybody, mother cat being separated with her own kids are normal. But, I know the pain of losing own child before. It's really painful and unforgettable no matter how much time had passed. I really hope she will have a lovely motherhood with her last baby now.
This is the mummy cat, just as lovely as the kittens. She has clean and neat fur too.

No comments: