Friday, September 5, 2008

Yummy kuehs

I had been eating this yummy Fried Yam Kueh since small small time. Mummy would make for us during Sundays when this seasonal yam in market. We would fight over the kuehs if Mummy did not make enough for the 3 of us. hehe..

As we got older, I would wanna join in the fun of kneading the yam paste and shaping the paste into strange designs. & each of us would eat the designs we made ourselves.. Memories, sweet and delicious. hehe..

Ever since Mummy started her food stall business, she hardly had the time to make for us, maybe once or twice in a year. Til few days ago, she knew I missed this kuehs so much, she bought some yam for me.. I made them myself today! hehe..

After eating 20yrs+ of Yam kuehs made by my mum, this is my very first time making it all by myself, from cooking, mixing, kneading and frying.. Abit excited and worried.. But the kuehs were really delicious. I made alot of different designs too.. Fish, balls, batman's eye mask, sausage, french fries, heart and donuts shapes.. hehehe.. Oh... I missed those days..


Seeing Kieron enjoying the kuehs made me think back. I used to enjoy my mum's Fried Yam Kuehs, now it's his turn enjoying it. Will this recipe be continue in the future generations? Dun noe..


You may not have seen this outside. It's truly yummy. hehe..

No comments: